James Steadman is the only known child of John Steadman and his wife Sarah Crow of Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
James married Elizabeth Murfitt in Ely, Cambridgeshire in April 1829 and they settled down to have at least four children, each adopting his mother's maiden name of Crow as their middle name.
The family lived at Waterside between 1841-1851, and during this time James is noted as a Blacksmith.
Elizabeth predeceased her husband by four years, and he died at The Ely Union Workhouse in January 1866.
- 13th March 1802 in Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 13th March 1802 - the same day as his birth - at St. Andrew's Church, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Murfitt (1798-1862) on 7th April 1829 at St. Mary's Church in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- James Crow Steadman (1830-?)
- William Crow Steadman (1831-18??) married Susan Taylor (1833-1916)
- Sarah Crow Steadman (1835-1879) married Edward Wright Scales (18??-?)
- Vine Crow Steadman (1836-1837)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 35yrs, Waterside, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 49yrs, Waterside, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1866: 63yrs, The Ely Union Workhouse, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1841-1851: Blacksmith
- January 1866 at The Ely Union Workhouse, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 63 years.
- 5th January 1866 in grave A51 at Ely City Cemetery, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.