Elizabeth Murfitt (later Elizabeth Steadman) was the second of the eight known children of Thomas Murfitt and his wife Sarah Gotobed of the Holy Trinity parish of Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
Elizabeth married James Steadman in Ely, Cambridgeshire in 1829.
The couple had at least four children, each adopting her mother-in-law's maiden name of Crow as their middle name.
Whilst James is noted on the 1841 and 1851 censuses as a Blacksmith, Elizabeth is noted as a 'Blacksmith's Wife' on the 1851 census.
Elizabeth predeceased her husband by about four years, and was not buried with him.
- 1798 in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 16th July 1798 at Holy Trinity Church in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- James Steadman (1802-1866) on 7th April 1829 at St. Mary's Church in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- James Crow Steadman (1830-?)
- William Crow Steadman (1831-18??) married Susan Taylor (1833-1916)
- Sarah Crow Steadman (1835-1879) married Edward Wright Scales (18??-?)
- Vine Crow Steadman (1836-1837)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 40yrs, Waterside, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 50yrs, Waterside, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: Ely census destroyed.
- 1851: Blacksmith's Wife
- December 1862 at Waterside, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 64 years.
- 16th December 1862 in grave A624 at Ely City Cemetery, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.