Rebecca married widower William Charles in 1849, and the couple made home in Cambridge, together with the three children from his previous marriage. It doesn't appear that Rebecca and William had any children.
By the time of the 1851 census, Charles was working as a 'Tailor and Robe Maker', and may well have made gowns for the University of Cambridge students.
By 1860, the family have moved to London, and sadly this is where Rebecca dies, aged about 40 years.
Her widowed husband appears in Finsbury, London, in 1861, still as a tailor, but it is unclear what became of him.
- circa 1820 in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 30th November 1820 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William Charles (1811-18??) on 3rd June 1849 at St. Paul's Church, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
Census and Residence
- 1841: Not yet found.
- 1851: 30yrs, George IV Street, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
- During the June quarter of 1860 in the St. Giles district of London, England.
- Not yet known.