Francis married Rebecca Green, also of Little Downham, and the couple have two children between 1858 and 1860.
Francis appears as 'Frank' during at least 1861, and it's after the census of this year that he goes missing. His wife Rebecca remains in Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, with his two children, her parents, and eventually her grandchildren, but Francis is not to be seen. He never appears on a single census with her.
Maybe their marriage ended? Maybe he abandoned her? Or maybe he was often working away? So far, he just disappears after the 1861 census night. On that night, he's noted as an Engine Cleaner, and leaving with his married sister Sarah in Ashford, Kent, England.
Rebecca continues to be noted as 'married' on all of the censuses until 1901, where she is noted as a 'widow', and remains so until the 1911 census.
- circa 1837 in Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 23rd July 1837 at St. Leonard's Church, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Rebecca Green (1838-1925) on 26th February 1859 at St. Leonard's Church, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Helen Tingey (1859-?) married William Moxon (1856-?)
- William Tingey (1860-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 4yrs, Hundred Foot Bank, Oxlode, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 13yrs, Cannon Street, Little Downham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 25yrs, 7 Beaver Place, Ashford, Kent, England.
- 1859: Labourer
- 1861: Engine Cleaner
- Between 1891 and 1901.
- Not yet known.