Alfred Edward Barber
Alfred was baptised twice - once in Norfolk in his native village of Welney, and then again a few years later with two of his younger sisters in Witchford.
Alfred worked in the fenland around Witchford, as a labourer, and after moving to the nearby village of Stretham, he worked as a 'Cowman'.
He married Laura Richardson in 1907, and the couple settled down to become parents twice.
Laura pre-deceased Alfred by about 3 years, dying in late 1957.
- 1st May 1878 at Welney, Norfolk, England.
- 31st December 1878 at St. Mary the Virgin Church, Welney, Norfolk, and later at 29th August 1886 with sisters Louisa Barber and Nellie Barber at The Church Of The Holy Cross, Stuntney, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom.
- Laura Richardson (1885-1954) on 19th February 1907 at St. Andrew's Church, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Hannah Ellen Barber (1909-1964)
- Edward Stanley Barber (1915-1973)
Census and Residence
- 1881: 2yrs, 100 Feet Fen, Welney, Norfolk, England.
- 1891: 12yrs, Townsend, Southery, Norfolk, England.
- 1901: Not yet found.
- 1911: 32yrs, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1939: Cambridge Road, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1907: Labourer
- 1911: Farm Labourer
- 1939: Cowman
- Circa December 1957 in the Ely district of Cambridgeshire, England, aged 79 years.
- Not yet known.