Jacob married Hannah and they had ten known children.
Jacob worked as an Agricultural Labourer (1841, 1861, 1871) and as a Farm Bailiff (1851), but by 1881 he had moved with his wife and youngest daughter Eliza to Hull, Yorkshire, where he is noted as a Bricklayer's Labourer' at the age of 61.
By the time of the 1891 census, Jacob is living with his wife Hannah in Sculcoates.
Jacob survived his wife by around six years, before dying at the age of 79.
- 1819 at Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 4th July 1819 at St. Mary's Wesleyan Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Hannah Padget (1822-1893) on 11th October 1842 at St. George's Church, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- John Barber (1842-1844)
- Mary Barber (1845-?) married Isaac Benton (1843-?)
- Rachel Barber (1848-19??) married Isaac Crabb (1837-?)
- Susan Barber (1849-?)
- Mahala Barber (1852)
- Jabez Barber (1854-?)
- Elizabeth Barber (1857-?)
- Alfred Barber (1860-?)
- Keziah Barber (1863-?)
- Eliza A Barber (1866-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 20yrs, Sandhill, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 31yrs, Whelpmoor, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 41yrs, Crofts Hill, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 51yrs, Croft, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 61yrs, 9 Hessle Road, Ely Terrace, Kingston-upon-Hull, Yorkshire, England.
- 1891: 71yrs, 13 Rowland's Terrace, St. Paul's Street, Sculcoates, Yorkshire, England.
- 1841: Agricultural Labourer
- 1851: Farm Bailiff
- 1861-1871: Agricultural Labourer
- 1881: Bricklayer's Labourer
- During January 1899 in the Sculcoates region, Yorkshire, England.
- Not yet known.