Susan Cockerton (later Susan Yarrow) was the youngest of the five children of John Cockerton and his wife Ann Layton of Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
Susan married Thomas Yarrow of Little Thetford in 1732, and the couple settled down to raise a family. In all, they became parents 8 times, but sadly only about half of these children survived beyond childhood.
The children included a set of twins, of which one, my 6x Great Grandfather, John, survived, whilst his sister Elizabeth died in her first year.
Susan died in December 1767 aged about 60 years. Her husband Thomas would go on to re-marry in 1771 to a widow Sarah Cockerton - perhaps one of Susan's widowed cousins or a sister-in-law.
- circa 1707 at Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 3rd February 1707 at St. Andrew's Church, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Thomas Yarrow (1710-1778) on 29th September 1732 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Anne Yarrow (1733-?) married Robert Jugg (17??-?)
- Thomas Yarrow (1740-?)
- Daniel Yarrow (1741-?)
- John Yarrow twin (1744-1812) married Mary Rayner (1756-1827)
- Elizabeth Yarrow twin (1744)
- Elizabeth Yarrow (1746-174?)
- Elizabeth Yarrow (1748)
- Francis Yarrow (1751-?)
- December 1767 at Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 11th December 1767 at St. Andrew's Church, Soham, Cambridgeshire, England.