Agnes Hawkins (later Agnes Moden) was the third of the seven children of William Hawkins and his wife Elizabeth Newell of Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
Agnes is noted as a 'scholar' on the 1881 census, and by the time of the 1891 census she is working as a 'General Domestic Servant' for John Aameveld - a Globe Merchat of Hornsey, Middlesex.
By 1894 she has returned to her native Cambridgeshire, where she married Joseph Arthur Moden of Sutton. By 1897 the couple had moved North to Gainsborough, Lincolnshire after Joseph had found work as a Moulder in an iron foundry.
Having settled in Gainsborough, the couple went on to raise 11 children.
Joseph pre-deceased Agnes by three years in 1962.
- 1874 at Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Joseph Arthur Moden (1873-1962) on 10th March 1894 at Holy Trinity Church, Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Louise Hawkins Moden (1894-?)
- Frederick James Moden (1894-1972) married Gladys L Gilliland (18??-?)
- Elsie Moden (1897-?)
- William Moden (1900-?)
- Elizabeth May Moden (1902-1992) married Harry Bennett (1894-?)
- Joseph Arthur Moden (1905-1986) married Annie A Warriner (1906-1994)
- Hilda Moden (1907-?)
- Reginald Moden (1909-1988) married Rachel Lobley (19??-?)
- Edith Mary Moden (1911-?) married George Hutchinson (19??-?)
- Alice Ruby Moden (1915-?) married Edwin R Burchell (19??-?)
- Albert Bernard Moden (1918-?) married Rose E Falloon (19??-?)
Census and Residence
- 1881: 7yrs, Hillrow Causeway, Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 16yrs, 45 Umfreville Road, Hornsey, Middlesex, England.
- 1901: 26yrs, 38 Portland Terrace, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, England.
- 1911: 37yrs, 22 Albany Street, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, England.
- 1891: General Domestic Servant at John Aameveld (Globe Merchant)
- 8th May 1965 in Lincolnshire, England.
- May 1965 at St. Martin's Church, Blyton, Lincolnshire, England with her husband Joseph. View Grave.