Joseph Arthur Moden
Joseph Arthur Moden was the ninth of the eleven children of John Moden and his first wife Mary Pedley of Sutton, Cambridgeshire, England.
He appears on the 1881 census for Sutton, living with his parents and siblings, and by the time of the 1891 census, he's in the neighbouring village of Haddenham working as a labourer in a brickyard.
This may well have been how he met Agnes Hawkins of Haddenham, whom he married in 1894.
By 1897 the couple had moved North and settled in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire after he found work as a Moulder in an Iron Foundry. The couple went on to have at least 11 children.
Joseph pre-deceased Agnes by three years in 1962.
- 3rd August 1873 at Sutton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Agnes Hawkins (1874-1965) on 10th March 1894 at Holy Trinity Church, Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Louise Hawkins Moden (1894-?)
- Frederick James Moden (1894-1972) married Gladys L Gilliland (18??-?)
- Elsie Moden (1897-?)
- William Moden (1900-?)
- Elizabeth May Moden (1902-1992) married Harry Bennett (1894-?)
- Joseph Arthur Moden (1905-1986) married Annie A Warriner (1906-1994)
- Hilda Moden (1907-?)
- Reginald Moden (1909-1988) married Rachel Lobley (19??-?)
- Edith Mary Moden (1911-?) married George Hutchinson (19??-?)
- Alice Ruby Moden (1915-?) married Edwin R Burchell (19??-?)
- Albert Bernard Moden (1918-?) married Rose E Falloon (19??-?)
Census and Residence
- 1881: 8yrs, Charlers Farm, Sutton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 17yrs, West End, Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 27yrs, 38 Portland Terrace, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, England.
- 1911: 38yrs, 22 Albany Street, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, England.
- 1891: Labourer in Brickyard
- 1901: Moulder at an Iron Foundry
- 1911: Labourer at an Iron Foundry
- 25th May 1962 at Blyton, Lincolnshire, England.
- May 1962 at St. Martin's Church, Blyton, Lincolnshire, England, with his wife Agnes - View Grave.