Sarah married William Gothard, a shepherd of Witcham, and the couple went on to have at least nine children.
By 1858 the family have moved from Witcham to the nearby village of Wilburton, where William has switched from being a shepherd, to being a publican at The Black Horse (Public House). The family stay living at the pub for the 1861 and 1871 censuses.
During the 1881 census (Sarah's last), she appears as living in Twenty Pence Road, Wilburton with her husband and youngest daughter, Anna Maria.
Sarah pre-deceased William in 1882 by about five years.
- 1820 at Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William Gothard (1816-1887) on 26th September 1841 at St. Martin's Church, Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Hannah Gothard (1841-?)
- Richard Gothard (1843-1929) married Louisa Smith (1846-1885), and later to Mary Norman (1844-?)
- Mary Gothard (1847-1931) married James Yarrow (1846-1930)
- Jane Elizabeth Gothard (1849-1909) married John Crabb (1850-1881)
- Elizabeth Gothard (1851-?)
- William Gothard (1856-19??) married Sarah Mary England (1850-1884), and later to Ann Maria Walton (1852-19??)
- Sarah Ann Gothard (1856-1939) married George Gifford (1858-1910)
- Joseph Gothard (1858-1926) married Phoebe Collins (1860-1924)
- Anna Maria Gothard (1863-19??) married Henry Kirby (1861-19??)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 20yrs, Silver Street, Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 31yrs, Slade, Witcham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 41yrs, The Black Horse Public House, Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 51yrs, The Black Horse Public House, Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 61yrs, Twenty Pence Road, Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- January 1882 at Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 6th January 1882 at Wilburton Cemetery, Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, England.