Amy Ann Howard
Amy Ann Howard (later Amy Ann Yarrow) was the seventh of the ten children of Thomas Howard and his Canadian wife Mary Ann Bourdillon of Little Thetford, and later Ely, in Cambridgeshire, England.
Amy married grocer John Willam Yarrow ('Jack'), and the couple set up home in Dover, Kent, England, where they went on to have at least nine children.
Amy's older sister, Esther Howard, also married into the Yarrow family - marrying her father-in-law's cousin, Frederick Owen Yarrow.
Uncle Jack and Aunt Amy were remembered very fondly by their nieces and nephews, who would enjoy travelling by train from Cambridgeshire to Dover in Kent during the summer holidays.
Amy predeceased her husband by about nine years.
- 1872 in Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- John William Yarrow (1869-1955) on 26th October 1897 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Amy Ann Yarrow (1898-1983)
- Lois Mary Yarrow (1900-1993) married Harry Catt (?-1965)
- Corrie Yarrow (1902-1990)
- Albert John Yarrow (1904-1981) married Rose Elizabeth Joyner (1904-1993)
- Frederick William Yarrow (1906-1978) married Gladys Mabel Askew (1906-1975)
- Thomas Howard Yarrow (1909-1986) married Florence Royle (1904-1938), and later to Irene Grace Leete (1914-1963)
- George Francis Yarrow (1911-1996) married Gladys Mary Skinner.
- James Yarrow (1914-1983) married Audrey Catt
- Esther Yarrow (1916-1979) married Frederick James Thomas
Census and Residence
- 1881: 9yrs, Brick Kiln Farm, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1891: 19yrs, Brickiln, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 28yrs, 21 Windermere Terrace, Buckland St. Andrew, Dover, Kent, England.
- 1911: 38yrs, 9 Buckland Avenue, Dover, Kent, England.
- 6th July 1946 in Dover, Kent, England.
- 18th July 1946 at Charlton Cemetery, Dover, Kent, England.