Mary Ann Moden
Mary, who was often known affectionately as Polly, appears on the 1911 census as a 'Domestic Servant', aged 20yrs.
Mary married former postman, Jonathan Adair Tingey, also of Ely. Jonathan had fought at Passchendaele and the Somme during the First World War, becomming a Sargeant in the Cambridge Regiment.
During September 1917, whilst going 'over the top', he had his hand shot away by a shell. He was sent home and discharged in 1918. He returned to work as a postman.
Mary and Jonathan had one child, and celebrated their Golden (50th) Wedding Anniversary in 1967 at their home in Cromwell Road, Ely.
Jonathan pre-deceased Mary by, at most, 12 months, in 1969.
- 21st November 1890 at Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Jonathan Adair Tingey (1892-1969) during the January quarter of 1917 at Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
Census and Residence
- 1891: 5mths, Low Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 10yrs, The Eagle and Lamb Public House, Cambridge Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 20yrs, Belle Vue, Broad Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: Domestic Servant for James Graven (Engineer)
- 26th December 1970 at Ely, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 80 years.
- 1st January 1971 at Cambridge Crematorium, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire after a funeral service at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.