Elizabeth married labourer John Levitt in 1824 at St. Giles' Church in Cambridge. It's unclear why the couple chose this church as neither were seemingly born or living there. They settled back in their native Swaffham Bulbeck where they raised 9 children.
Elizabeth receives the wrong name twice in official records - the first is the name Elizabeth Scale at the time of her baptism in 1802, and then in 1871 she is named Elizabeth Harding, assuming (along with her husband, and their son Richard Skeel Levitt) the surname of the head of the household - her son-in-law, George Harding.
In 1861, Elizabeth and John are living in 'Village Street', Swaffham Bulbeck, and in the next three consecutive houses live two of their married daughters and John's mother - resulting in three generations living in four consecutive houses.
Elizabeth out-lived her husband John by almost 11 years.
- circa 1802 in Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 7th March 1802 at St. Mary's Church, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
- John Levitt (1797-1879) on 4th November 1824 at St. Giles' Church, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Emma Levitt (1825-1893) married Charles Newman (1820-1906)
- Harriet Levitt (1827-1886) married Ephraim Fordham (1826-1914)
- Daniel Levitt (1830-1893) married Mary Ann Hills (1838-?)
- Joseph Levitt (1833-?) married Zillah Ashman (1835-?)
- Jane Levitt (1835-1919) married Alfred Aves (1836-?)
- John Levitt (1838-1925) married Sophia Howard (1842-1914)
- Ann Maria Levitt (1841-1919) married George Pledger Wells Harding (1842-?)
- Richard Skeel Levitt (1844-1892)
- Frederick Levitt (1847-1916)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 40yrs, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 49yrs, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 59yrs, Village Street, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 69yrs, Bowyer's End, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 79yrs, High Street, Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: Labourer's Wife
- October 1890 at Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 88 years.
- 4th October 1890 in grave B30 at Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridgeshire, England.