During the First World War she worked at Wilburton Station, Cambridgeshire where her older sister, Maude Yarrow, worked as a Porter.
Jessie eventually left home and went to work in London, where she learnt a range of office skills. It was here that she met her husband, Leslie Ling.
Jessie also worked for the National Farmer's Union (NFU) at Horseheath, Cambridgeshire, England.
Jessie and Leslie had one child, a daughter, born at the house of Jessie's sister Ada, in Sutton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 18th November 1900 at Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 13th January 1901 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Leslie Robert Ling (1906-1995) during 1931 in Watford, Hertfordshire, England.
Census and Residence
- 1901: 4mths, The Vineyards, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 10yrs, Railway Cottages, Wilburton Station, Station Road, Wilburton, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 10th January 1997 at Castle Hedingham, Essex, England, aged 96 years.
- Not yet known.