Like his father, Francis worked as a farmer in the rich fenland surrounding his home village, and by 1851 he is noted as a "Landed Proprietor", which despite sounding grandiose, it was simply a term for a landowner.
Francis married Anne Langford of nearby Haddenham, and the couple settled in his native Little Thetford to become parents at least 6 times, although sadly their first child, John, died in infancy. John was baptised at the same time as his sister Eliza, although it's not clear whether they were twins.
Francis pre-deceased his wife by almost 22 years in 1858, but just 8 months before his death, his only surviving son, Daniel, died aged 27 years.
By the time Francis' estate was valued in 1859, it was of a value below £100. He is noted as having been a "Yeoman", and a John Eaden is noted as the Creditor to his Will.
- Circa 1796 in Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 17th October 1796 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford in Cambridgeshire, England.
- Anne Langford (1796-1880) on 12th November 1816 at St. James's Church, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- John Yarrow (1819)
- Eliza Yarrow (1819-1847) married George Lister (1816-?)
- Elizabeth Yarrow (1821-1879) married William Charles (1808-1887)
- Mary Anne Yarrow (1823-?)
- Sarah Yarrow (1825-?)
- Daniel Yarrow (1831-1858)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 40yrs, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 54yrs, Main Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1823, 1841: Farmer
- 1851: Landed Proprietor
- 1858: Yeoman
- 4th August 1858 at Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 61 years.
- 7th August 1858 at St. James's Church, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.