Isabella Cooper (also known as Elizabeth Cooper, and later Isabella Allison) was the second of the thirteen children of shoemaker Robert Cooper and his wife Elizabeth Fison of Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
She appears to use the name 'Elizabeth' occasionally but by the time of her marriage to porter Joseph Allison in 1852, she's back to using 'Isabella'. After this point she appears as living at 2 Bainbridge Street, St. Giles, London, with her husband, four children, and her younger brother - William Cooper (who is working as a Wine Merchant's Servant).
Her married sister Rebecca Dudley is living next door at number 3 with her own family, and another of the Cooper brothers - Henry Cooper (who is working as a Muck Shoveler!).
Sadly, Isabella died in 1870, aged 39 years. Her family, of seven children, continued to live at Bainbridge Street, surrounded by her siblings, except for her youngest son Joseph Allison, who appears on the 1871 census in Ely with her parents.
- 1831 at Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 25th December 1831 at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Joseph Allison (1849-1933) on 14th November 1852 at St. Mary's Church, Islington, Middlesex, England.
- William Allison (1854-?)
- Elizabeth Allison (1856-?)
- Rebecca Allison (1858-?)
- Mary Ann Allison (1859-?)
- Emma Allison (1862-?)
- John Allison (1864-?)
- Joseph Allison (1869-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 9yrs, Silver Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 19yrs, Walpole Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1852: 21yrs, 5 Mason's Cottages, Maiden Lane, Islington, Greater London, England.
- 1861: 29yrs, 2 Bainbridge Street, St. Giles, London, England.
- 1851: Servant
- March 1870 in London, England, aged 38 years.
- 14th March 1870 in Victoria Park Cemetery (Meath Gardens), Bethnal Green, London, England.