Elizabeth Fison (also known as Elizabeth Fyson, and later as Elizabeth Cooper) was the oldest of at least two children of brickmaker Thomas Fison and his second wife Mary Meadows of Ely and Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire, England.
It appears that Elizabeth was baptised twice - once in 1809 at her native Whittlesey, and then again with her brother William in 1813 in nearby March, Cambridgeshire.
In 1828, when she was about 19 years old, Elizabeth married Ely-based shoemaker, Robert Cooper. By the following year, the couple had begun their eventual family of 13 children, which included one set of non-identical twins.
Elizabeth pre-deceased her husband in 1886, in the presence of their youngest daughter Harriet.
- circa 1809 at Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 6th February 1809 at St. Mary's Church, Whittlesey, and seemingly again with her brother William Fison on 26th September 1813 at March, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Robert Cooper (1807-1889) on 17th September 1828 at Holy Trinity Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Charles Cooper (1829-1911) married Mary East (1829-?), and later to Plessina Balding (1847-1922)
- Isabella Cooper (1831-1870) married Joseph Allison (1830-?)
- Eliza Cooper (1835-?)
- George Cooper (1836-?)
- Rebecca Cooper (1838-1908) married Richard Dudley (1824-1883), and later to James Morris (1855-?)
- Mary Cooper (1841-1903) twin married John Dudley (1843-?)
- William Cooper (1841-1904) twin married Rosanna (1841-?)
- Henry Cooper (1842-1879)
- Thomas Cooper (1844-1923) married Rebecca Porter (1848-1938)
- John Cooper (1846-1923) married Sarah Parkin (1844-1914)
- Caroline Cooper (1849-1914) married William Oakey (18??-?)
- Alfred Cooper (1850-1882)
- Harriet Cooper (1854-1925) married Alfred Newman (1849-1933)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 30yrs, Silver Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 40yrs, Walpole Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: Ely Census destroyed.
- 1871: 62yrs, Walpole Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 70yrs, Walpole Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 5th August 1886 in Silver Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 77 years. Cause of death: 'Cardiac disease, dropsy'.
- 7th August 1886 in grave #Cb877(c) in Ely City Cemetery, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.