The 1881 census shows John as a 33 year old Engine Fitter, living with his wife Sarah, three of their children and also an Arthur Allen, at 47 Museum Street, St George, Bloomsbury, London.
John's career was to stay with him, and in 1901, he appears at 3 Queens Street, Bloomsbury, London with his wife as a 54 year old Mechanical Engineer.
By the time of the 1911 census, John is noted as being an Engineer attached to a Typewriter Merchant.
His wife Sarah pre-deceased him by nine years.
- 29th April 1846 at Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 18th April 1847, with cousin Charles Cooper, at St. Mary's Church, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Sarah Parkin (1844-1914) on 16th September 1867 at St. Mary's Church, Potton, Bedfordshire, England.
- Alfred William Parkin Cooper (1873-?) married Clara Beecham (1873-?)
- James Parkin Cooper (1873-1874)
- Emily Annie Cooper (1875-1958) married John Joseph Douglas (1875-1951)
- John Percy Cooper (1878-19??) married Pamela Mary V. Bacon (1876-19??)
- Alice Eliza Cooper (1881-?)
- Harry Ernest Cooper (1885-1923) married Laura Emily Sophia Harris (18??-19??)
Census and Residence
- 1851: 5yrs, Walpole Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: Ely Census destroyed
- 1871: 24yrs, Post Office Street, Potton, Bedfordshire, England.
- 1881: 34yrs, 47 Museum Street, Bloomsbury, Greater London, England.
- 1891: 44yrs, 3 Queen Street, Bloomsbury, Greater London, England.
- 1901: 54yrs, 3 Queen Street, Bloomsbury, Greater London, England.
- 1911: 65yrs, 24 Percy Circus, Clerkenwell, Greater London, England.
- 1881: Engine Fitter
- 1891: Foreman Engineer and Fitter
- 1901: Mechanical Engineer
- 1911: Engineer for a Typewriter Manufacturer
- 19th May 1923 in Holborn, London, England, aged 77 years.
- During May 1923 at Islington Cemetery, East Finchley, Greater London, England.