Henry married Esther Moden from nearby Wentworth, and the couple settled down to raise a family of ten children - providing half-siblings to John Thomas Moden, whom Esther had bore illegitimately in 1851.
Henry worked as an Agricultural Labourer for most of his life until 27th May 1878, when he was admitted to 'Fulbourn Lunatic Asylum' (now known as Fulbourn Hospital).
It is unclear as to what kind of mental health issue caused him to be admitted there, but he died there eight months later in January 1879. His widow Esther out-lived him by 23 years.
- circa 1820 in Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1st October 1820 at St. Andrew's Church, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Esther Moden (1829-1902) on 17th December 1854 at St. Peter's Church, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William Henry Dewey (1855-?) married Catherine Hudson (1857-?)
- James Edward Dewey (1857-1946) married Gertrude Elizabeth Seppings (1866-1949)
- Jane Elizabeth Dewey (1859-1948) married Daniel Batiste (1858-1901)
- George Moden Dewey (1861-1956) married Jane Elizabeth Allen (1865-1933)
- Martha Ellen Dewey (1863-?) married Charles Edward Peasgood (1867-?)
- Charles Aaron Dewey (1865-?)
- Arthur Clements Dewey (1867-?) married Mary Ann Seppings (18??-?)
- Walter Dewey (1870-1949) married Annie Susan Bartram (1879-1961)
- Esther Rebecca Dewey (1872-1956) married Ephraim Palmer (1864-?)
- Mary Ann Dewey (1874-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 20yrs, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 29yrs, Main Street, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 40yrs, Main Street, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 50yrs, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1879: 57yrs, Fulbourn Lunatic Asylum, Fulbourn, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: Agricultural Labourer's Son
- 1861-1871: Agricultural Labourer
- 6th January 1879 at Fulbourn Lunatic Asylum, Fulbourn, Cambridgeshire, England, aged 57 years.
- Not yet known.