Ella Ada Newman
Ella was a qualified and registered Nurse #42678, registered on 19 Mar 1926 at London, after qualifying at Dudley Road Hospital, Birmingham, 1922-1925 and passing her exam.
Later that same year, she married William Haylock of Ely, in a ceremony in Birmingham.
Ella and William became parents to three children.
William pre-deceased Ella by just under four years. Their youngest child, son Brian, died prematurely two years later aged 30 years.
- During 1897 at Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- William George Haylock (1892-1958) on 30th August 1926 at Sparkbrook, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England.
- Joan Ella Haylock (1927-?)
- Ronald Haylock (1930-1999)
- Brian Patrick Haylock (1934-1964)
Census and Residence
- 1901: 3yrs, Bull Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 13yrs, Willow Walk, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1922-1925: Student Nurse at Dudley Road Hospital at Birmingham.
- 1926: Nurse #42678
- During January 1962 at RAF Hospital, Lynn Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 24th January 1962 in Grave CB2.164 with her husband at Ely City Cemetery, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.