Elizabeth Truelove was the third of the nine children of John Truelove and his wife Eleanor Goodsole of Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, England.
Unusually, for a period of time, Leighton Buzzard's baptism register notes the dates of birth rather than dates of baptism. This gives a rare 17th century date of birth, long before certification became compulsory in 1837.
When she was 29 years old, Elizabeth married William Hale - a tailor from the small village of Knotting, Bedfordshire, about 30 miles north of her native Leighton Buzzard.
The couple settle in Potton and raise a family of 10 children, although sadly, three of the children fail to thrive and die in their first few years of life.
Elizabeth appears to have been pre-deceased by her husband William by 5 years in January 1730, when their youngest son John was just 5 years old. Elizabeth died in March 1735.
- circa 19th September 1677 at Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, England.
- 1677 at All Saint's Church, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, England.
- William Hale (1689-1730) on 22nd June 1706 at St. Mary's Church, Potton, Bedfordshire, England.
- Elizabeth Hale (1707-1778) married James Gilbert (1702-1747)
- Mary Hale (1709-1711)
- Hannah Hale (1710-?)
- Ann Hale (1712-?)
- William Hale (1716-17??)
- Catherine Hale (1718-?)
- John Hale (1721-17??)
- William Hale (1723-?)
- Sarah Hale (1724-?)
- John Hale (1725-?)
- March 1735 at Potton, Bedfordshire, England.
- 11th March 1735 at St. Mary's Church, Potton, Bedfordshire, England.