Elizabeth Wright (later Elizabeth Yarrow) appears to have been the daughter of William Wright and his wife Alice Cave of the village of Mepal in Cambridgeshire, England.
Elizabeth married William Yarrow, a farmer of Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, and the couple appear to have had eleven children, although if you go by the parish registers but you'll notice that there appears to have been missing burials for the first James and Ann children.
In November 1837 whilst in London she died whilst visiting their daughter Mary at Lower Thames Street, although her death is incorrectly noted as 'Elizabeth Yerroll' on her death certificate, and on death indexes. This, along with contradictory records and an incorrect headstone inscription, lead to a long-lasting puzzle surrounding the year of her death, and her age at death.
Her body was returned to Stretham, where she was buried, and her Stretham burial was recorded in the Little Thetford burials register.
Her widower William, survived her by 11 years, and can be found living with their daughters - Sarah and Susan on his final census of 1841.
- Circa 1779 in Mepal, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 24th May 1778 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford in Cambridgeshire, England.
- William Yarrow (1778-1848) on 21st October 1800 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Elizabeth Yarrow (1803-?)
- Mary Yarrow (1804-1856) married Owen Owen (1802-1849)
- John Yarrow (1806-1858) married Ann Whiten (1809-1843), and later to Elizabeth Jeffery (1808-1896)
- Ann Yarrow (1807-18??)
- James Yarrow (1810-181?)
- William Yarrow (1812-1884) married Sarah Morden (1816-1865)
- Ann Yarrow (1813-1884) married William Pavett (18??-?)
- James Yarrow (1814-1863) married Charlotte Lister (1816-1900)
- Sarah Yarrow (1814-18??) married William Hill (1818-?)
- Maria Yarrow (1817-1901) married Owen Owen (1815-1888)
- Susan Yarrow (1821-1886)
- 23rd November 1837 at All Hallows, Barking, London, England, aged 58 years.
Cause of Death
- 1. Diseased Kidneys and Bladder
- 23rd November 1837, with her husband William, at St. James's Church, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England. View Grave at FindAGrave.com.