He married Sarah Morden and the couple had four children in Little Thetford before settling in nearby Stretham where they had a further six.
William is noted as being a farmer of 20 acres in 1851. By 1861, this has reduced to 15 acres, and has reduced further to 11 acres by 1871.
However, by the time of the 1881 census, he had 24 acres and employed 1 man.
He was also as a publican of the Quarterway House (demolished by a lorry in 1993, but now re-built as a private house) on Ely Road, Stretham.
- circa 1812 at Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 26th April 1812 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Sarah Morden (1816-1865) on 15th December 1835 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Flower Yarrow (1836-?)
- William Yarrow (1838-?)
- Charles Yarrow (1838-?) married Matilda Edmeads (1840-?)
- Maria Yarrow (1842-1918)
- Alfred Yarrow (1844-?)
- Daniel Yarrow (1846-1920) married Elizabeth Poole (1852-1928)
- Eliza Yarrow (1848-?) married William Wheeler (1847-?)
- Flower Yarrow (1851-?) married Susan Blunt (1854-?)
- Sarah Ann Yarrow (1853-1918) married John Randall (1854-1917)
- Elizabeth Yarrow (1854-?)
Census and Residence
- 1841: 25yrs, Quarterway House, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1851: 37yrs, Quarterway House, Ely Road, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1861: 47yrs, Road Side, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 57yrs, Quarter House, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 67yrs, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1842-1871: Publican at The Quarterway House (Public House).
- 1851-1883: Farmer.
- 1883: Beer Retailer.
- December 1884 in Cambridgeshire, England, aged 72 years.
- 5th December 1884 at St. James's Church, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.