Owen married a heavily pregnant Laura Dewsbury, and the couple are believed to have had several children but most of these did not survive their infancy. The family lived in Holt Fen, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire.
Owen worked as a Postman, and he had to carry mail to the front lines during the 1st World War. It was during the Battle at Cumbrai, France, that he was sadly killed. None of his personal possessions were recovered. He served with the 5th Suffolk Regiment and the 1st/8th Bn London Regiment (Post Office Rifles).
After Owen's death, his widow Laura gave birth to a son illegitimately in 1920. He was raised as Alfred Yarrow, but sadly, and like his mother's late-husband, he was killed whilst serving in the Second World War in 1943.
- 1882 at Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 29th October 1882 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Laura Dewsbury (1885-1972) on 26th November 1905 at St. George's Church, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Arthur Owen Yarrow (1905-1970) married Violet May Day (1907-1973)
- Laura Yarrow (1908-1909)
- Ida Mary Yarrow (1912-1999) married George William Bent (1911-1966)
Census and Residence
- 1891: 8yrs, Front Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1901: 18yrs, Front Street, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 27yrs, Round House, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1905: Railway Porter for Great Eastern Railway (GER)
- 1911: Farm Labourer
- 1912: Postman
- 1914-1917: 1st/8th Bn London Regiment (Post Office Rifles)
- 1914-1917: 5th Suffolk Regiment
- 30th November 1917 during the Battle of Cumbrai, France, aged 35yrs.
- No known grave, France.
- Cambrai Memorial, Louveral, Nord, France.
- Little Thetford War Memorial, Little Thetford Cemetery, Little Thetford, Cambridgeshire, England.