Just months before she married, Elizabeth appears on the 1871 census as a 'General Domestic Servant' at Denmark House, Common Road in nearby Ely, Cambridgeshire. Her employer being Charles Porter, Veterinary Surgeon.
Elizabeth married Littleport shepherd Reuben Barber, and the family moved to the villages of Welney (by 1881) and then Southery (by 1891), on Cambridgeshire's northern border with Norfolk. During this time their family grew, and would eventually see them become parents ten times.
By 1898, the family have moved to the nearby village of Witchford where they remained until their deaths.
- During late 1851 at Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 16th November 1851 at St. James' Church, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Reuben Barber (1849-1932) on 25th November 1871 at St. George's Church, Littleport, Cambridgeshire, England.
- John Goltrip Barber (1872-1953) married Eliza Howlett (1879-?)
- Hannah Rebekah Barber (1874-?)
- Elizabeth Ann Barber (1876-?) married Leonard Andrews (1874-?)
- Alfred Edward Barber (1878-1957) married Laura Richardson (1885-1954)
- Louisa Barber (1881-1974) married Flanders Hopkin (1854-1910), and later to John Pope (1880-1957)
- Nellie Barber (1884-1974) married Sonny Mussett (1882-1965)
- Reuben Barber (1888-1965)
- William Barber (1890-1962) married Eliza Elizabeth Gill (1890-1969)
- Walter Barber (1892-1985) married Daisy Emily Coulson (1892-19??)
- Arthur Jubilee Barber (1897-1959)
Census and Residence
- 1861: 10yrs, Back Street, Stretham, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: 19yrs, Denmark House, Common Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1881: 29yrs, 100 Feet Fen, Welney, Norfolk, England.
- 1891: 38yrs, Townsend, Southery, Norfolk, England.
- 1901: 48yrs, Main Street, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1911: 59yrs, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 1871: General Domestic Servant for Charles Porter (Veterinary Surgeon) at Ely
- 21st June 1923 at Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.
- 23rd June 1923 at St. Andrew's Churchyard, Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England.